Join our team
Careers at PD Contractors
Site Manager with 5 years’+ experience required to join a leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractor based in Athlone. The company’s main activities include Public & Private Sector contracts including OPW, County Councils, Retail, Commercial, Residential and Education Building and Civil Engineering works.
• The Site manager will oversee a green field Housing Development and handle daily business issues as delegated by the Contracts Manager.
• The successful Site Manager will be based in Athlone.
• This is an ideal role for a Site manager / Engineer wanting to progress their career and relocate to the West/Midlands in a permanent role with a leading main contractor.
• Supporting the Contracts Manager in delivering the project on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, environmental and quality parameters.
• Liaising with all the workforce involved in the project including direct staff, subcontractors, QS, and consultants & Architects
• Supervision, coordination and Management of subcontractors / site teams
• Plan the daily resourcing and control of site labour and ordering of materials.
• Maintaining the Site Diary – recording manpower levels for each sub-contractor and keeping detailed notes of all site activities.
• Ability to motivate Labourer’s and sub-contractors and provide clear leadership and direction to the site team.
• Monitoring and managing all on-site documentation & records for the contract.
• Reviewing and coordinating construction drawings, specifications and overall Works Requirements
• Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and Construction Team
• Responsible for contributing to, managing and implementing the Environmental, Health & Safety management system and culture on the project
• Checking accuracy of quantities, drawings and plans on a daily basis and reporting changes.
• Supplier / Subcontractor quotation enquiries and analysis.
• Setting out
• Resolving and reporting any difficulties that may arise.
• Quality Management on site and collation of information requirements for BCAR
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
new job details